Medical Aesthetics FAQs
We aim to share our 15 years of Expert Knowledge on Skin Treatments. Below are some Frequently Asked Questions about Profhilo Skin Boosting Treatments in our Essex Clinic to help you understand if the treatment is right for you, but please remember we can answer any more detailed question’s at a complimentary Free consultation or over the telephone with one of our clinical experts, just Call Us On 01376 584555 or Click to Contact NOW! for your Customised Free Skin Consultation
“Review By Anon -her clinic is beautiful it’s so calming i could quite easily spend time there looking out on to her beautiful garden so peaceful thank you Julie..”
“Review By Anon – The result is very natural , I didn’t have any bruises just minimal swelling for 2 days. Thank you, Julie!.”
“Review By Julie – Absolutely over the Moon with the out come the fillers have given me more confidence going back for a little more work very soon.”
“Review By Liz – Julie cares about her clients and is an absolute perfectionist, ensuring the best result possible.”
Profhilo – FAQ’s
“Profhilo is the new innovative treatment utilising injectable hyaluronic acid, formulated to treat skin laxity and give revitalised and invigorating lift to your skin. It is truely Skin Plumping and hydrating”.
What happens during my Profhilo treatment?
The treatment involves hydrating micro injections of Hyaluronic Acid, a soft gel like substance called hyaluronic acid. Water loving Hyaluronic Acid is found naturally in the body where it maintains hydration levels in the skin. As we age the quality of Hyaluronic Acid diminishes over time. With Skin Boosters the skin’s firmness, elasticity, radiance and natural hydration is improved.
How long does Profhilo last?
The Hyaluronic Acid in Profhilo continues to work for several months after treatment offering a subtle gradual change in skin quality and elasticity resulting in a noticeably invigorated look to your skin.
Is Profhilo right for me?
Profhilo is a versatile treatment that can be used:
- For men and women of all skin types
- For people with younger or more mature skin
- For the face, lips, neck, hands and décolletage
- Defining and restoring volume to the cheeks
- For people who want to improve skin structure, e.g. in acne-scarred or photo-damaged skin
How is Profhilo Administered?
Profhilo treatments consist of multiple very fine injections into the chosen area of the skin into the chosen area of skin in order to gradually improve skin quality and give it a healthy glow. Optimal results are for three treatments 3-4 weeks apart to maintain your wonderful skin it is recommended to have regular maintenance treatments approximately every 6 months.
How many Profhilo treatments will I need?
Initial treatment for the face consisting of 2 x Profhilo injections – administered 4 weeks apart.
Maintenance treatment session consisting of 1 x Profhilo injection – To maintain the results of reduction in skin laxity and wrinkle reduction. An increase in firmness, elasticity and an overall improved quality of the skin is seen after the two treatments. Maintenance treatments are required every 6-12 months, depending on the degree of correction required, your age and lifestyle.
Can Profhilo be used with other treatments?
Profhilo can be used alongside all other treatments we offer.
Are there any side effects from Profhilo?
Side effects can include bruising and swelling to the area following the dermal filler injection. This usually goes within a couple of days. It’s also worth taking Arnica tablets and avoiding alcohol for a couple of days prior to treatment to minimise the side effects.
How much does Profhilo cost?
I’ll let you know the exact price during your consultation, but prices start at £300.
What do I need to do after having Profhilo?
There is minimal downtime but we advise this aftercare:
- Avoid touching the treated area within 6 hours following treatment. After that, light makeup can be applied and the area can be gently washed with a gentle facial cleanser and water.
- If you get any bruising, do apply an ice pack and arnica cream.
- If you bruise easily, you may want to take arnica tablets for 1 day before the procedure and for 5 days afterwards
- Until the initial swelling and redness has resolved, do not expose the treated area to intense heat (e.g. solarium and sunbathing) or extreme cold.
- If you are using aspirin or any similar medication, be aware that these may increase the risk of bruising at the injection site.
- Do not consume excessive alcohol for 24 hours prior to treatment and 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid sports and physical exertion for first day
- Avoid further cosmetic treatments for at least 14 days
- Avoid dental procedures for at least two weeks
- An SPF must be applied to the skin daily to prevent further sun damage to the skin. We recommend using a medical sun protection product.
Your Advice Center
GET IN TOUCH
» Manage Cookie Settings