Light Emitting Diode (LED) Phototherapy is a non-invasive treatment that triggers a cascade of bio stimulatory responses. At Facial Aesthetics, we recognise LED Phototherapy as an essential skin care treatment due to its versatility and role in the foundation of skin optimisation and good skin health.
What Patients Are Saying
“I can wholeheartedly recommend Julie at Facial Aesthetics. I have been going to Julie for a couple of years now and can honestly say my skin is better than ever. Julie’s approach is friendly but very professional and she always puts me at my ease. The premises are always immaculate, clean, comfortable and situated in lovely surroundings.”
“From the moment that you arrive until the time that you leave you are treated with such special care. Julie is a perfectionist and I’m always delighted with the results.”
“I cannot recommend Julie enough, not only is she extremely professional and knows everything inside out. She is so calm, lovely and goes through everything in such a personable way to suit you. I would not go anywhere else. Julie has helped me so much with my skin, taken me through a process which has left me feeling so much more comfortable and happier.”
Quick Info Guide
-Consultation: Why not book in to have a no obligation chat about LED phototherapy to see why so many of our patients recommend us for creating optimal skin health!
Why use it: Light Emitting Diode (LED) Phototherapy is a non-invasive treatment that targets specific non-thermal light to energise cells which triggers a cascade of bio stimulatory responses. It is scientifically proven for a wide range of indications including skin rejuvenation, acne and pigmentation to wound healing, psoriasis and pain relief.
What it does: Well evidenced for its regenerative and healing benefits, Phototherapy does not transfer heat or create trauma making it particularly effective to treat problematic and inflammatory conditions. With one of the highest safety profiles, it is pain free treatment without downtime and suitable for all skin types.
Cost: from £50
*Results vary by patient
Frequently Asked Questions
How do LED treatments work?
Having undertaken a digital skin analysis, we can provide a targeted treatment plan, where typically we use the Déesse or Dermalux Flex LED Light treatment at the end of a combined treatment. Whilst relaxing on the couch, the face mask is rested on the face, providing a perfect end to any treatment.
Both the LED light devices we use in clinic use low level light therapy by way of high quality surface mounted Light Emitting Diodes (LED) in 5 different wavelengths to expose the skin to clinically proven treatment modalities these include.
- Anti-Ageing (Red light) – Which increase collagen and elastin, helping reduce fine lines and improving the skins texture and tone.
- Acne (Blue Light) – Destroys bacteria, regulates oil production, improves congested acne prone skin and lastly calms redness and inflammation
- Detoxifying (Yellow Light) – This modality stimulates the lymphatic system, improving skin complexion and calming the skin
- Pigmentation (Green Light) – This rejuvenation modality regulates the production of melanin, which has been proven to reduce pigmentation and tackle redness
- Recovery (Red & Blue Light) – The Recovery mode is a great post procedure mode, promoting healing and stimulating cellular renewal and repair.
- Rosacea (Green & Blue Light) – This is a great treatment mode when combined with other treatments such as Thread-vein treatment, as it calms inflammation and redness.
Because the mask lies directly onto the skin the LED frequency affords a faster and more direct absorption of the rejuvenating light technology.
What are the benefits of the Déesse LED Light Mask/Dermalux Flex treatment?
Our LED Light machines use unique combinations of clinically proven blue, red and near infrared wavelengths to boost collagen production, increase hydration, calm redness and irritation and blitz blemish causing bacteria. As the light triggers a whole cascade of skin enhancing processes, the benefits continue even after the treatment has finished. It is generally recommended to have a course of treatments leading to skin rejuvenation and improvement in the following common skin complaints:
- Anti-Ageing and Photo-Damaged skin
- Wound healing
- Hyper-Pigmentation and Post Inflammatory Pigmentation
- Rosacea and inflammatory skin conditions
- Dermatological conditions such as Eczema, Psoriasis and Dermatitis
Is LED Light Treatment right for me?
The Déesse LED Light Mask Pro Phototherapy and Dermalux Flex can be used for a multitude of medical skin complaints and in particular we have found it to be successful as a combined treatment.
Unfortunately you can’t use LED Light Treatment if you suffer from:
• Epilepsy and Seizures triggered by light
• Chronic Cutaneous or Discoid Lupus
• Photo sensitive Eczema
• Hypomelanism (albinism)
• Eye Disease or Retinal Abnormalities
• or are taking certain medications.
Where can I read more about LED treatment?
To read articles about the treatment please click the below links:
What conditions are treated by LED Phototherapy?
LED Light Phototherapy Masks can be used to calm and treat troubled skin. It is the ideal companion to any of our in-clinic treatments and is perfect for treating…
- fine lines & wrinkles
As celebrity makeup artist Gucci Westman has said, “something started happening with my skin – rosacea, I think – and it was brutal; nothing was working. I used the LED mask one time, and the texture and quality of my skin changed. It’s definitely tighter.”
Why We Are Unique
Patients Travel From All Over Essex for Profhilo: Basildon, Bishops Stortford, Braintree Essex, Brentwood, Chelmsford Essex, Colchester Essex, Dunmow, Kent, London, Maldon, North Essex, Southend-on-Sea, Wickford and Witham. The Award for the Furthest is Monaco!